- Prints and checks new electronic claims and keeps electronic file of the new claims to retain on discs/checks, enters and monitors intent files
- Retains electronic copies of valued inventories from various clients
- Handles MCS check and wire transfers in system
- Monitors the work of the other claim admin folks/Access files from storage. Backs up the admin person for check and wire entry, and assists with banking or wire issues.
- Responsible for IPS entry, corrections, credits, filings and end of cycle billings.
- WWC entry / billings/corrections and end of month
- Cash Receipts application and functions
- Responsible for the end of week and end of month done in the VA office, as well as advising other offices as to the necessary dates.
- Responsible for follow up on carrier subrogation/maintains and monitors spreadsheets
- Monthly Brookfield deductible billings, checks the spreadsheets, gets the information corrected in all offices and sends copies of all the back-up
- Enters and maintains the Brookfield new client listing.
- Enters and maintains the new carrier listings/vendor listing
- Contact for the field offices to check on Brookfield reporting and any information needed for claim entry. Checks the info in BMS to the reports received
- Back up for phone, mail, and ALL functions of Admin Secretary
- Many special projects that are given daily!!!
- Minimum of 3 years of general office experience
- Basic level of computer experience [1 year]
- Basic level of Google Suite
- Basic typing skills [40 - 50 WPM]
High School Diploma or Equivalency
- Ability to work on several tasks concurrently
- Ability to produce finished copy from drafts
- Ability to devise and access different filings systems
- Ability to receive verbal & written instructions
- Ability to work cooperatively with a variety of people
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of common formats for correspondence and reports
- Ability to control and/or adapt to interruptions, changes, disorder
- Ability to perform tasks with appropriate speed and in a timely manner
- Ability to maintain composure, effectiveness, and flexibility under pressure
- Ability to recognize work problems and get assistance when necessary
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 703.797.3252 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.